What's the point?

It's Thanksgiving, and I'm thankful for my health... and my hair.

So what is the point of doing 100 hairstyles in 100 days? Well, besides being a fun challenge for me, it's also an opportunity to promote a good cause. Every year, many women lose their hair due to their battle with cancer. I can imagine how dis-heartening this could be. I love my hair. It's one of the major ways I express my personal style. To be fighting for my life & then to lose my hair on top of it would be extremly emotional for me.

So here's what I'm doing about it. I am treating my hairstyle challenge as a marathon of sorts. And just like the marathons that people run, I'm asking for your support. Mainly, I'm hoping to get 1000 people to pledge to donate their hair to Pantene Beautiful Lengths on Februray 20, 2010. For more details see the post on "to donate your hair". To pledge your hair you can RSVP on Facebook, Evite or comment on this post.

If you can't donate you hair, you can still help. First off, you can send the link (100hairstyles.blogspot.com) to this blog to your friends & ask them to pass it on as well. I don't know that many people tha have hair long enough to donate, and I'm sure you don't either. But the more people who pass it on, the better chance of finding those people with the hair to donate.

You can tell others. By becoming a fan of 100 Hairstyles on Facebook, you incrase the visibility of the cause. Pantene Beautiful Lengths also has a fan page, so think about becoming a fan there as well. Please recommend the fan page to your facebook friends, again to reach higher visibility.

Lastly, the power of the dollar. Pantene Beautiful Lengths has paired with the American Cancer Society to provide to real hair wigs. I've set up a donation page for the blog, any donation amount would help.

Thanks for any type of support. Any ideas of ways to make the blog better, help the cause or anything else are welcome.

Thanks! Katrina

0 comments:



Post a Comment